Friday, March 15, 2013

The Door Opens...

Foot steps quietly creep up the stairs
body stiffens wondering who's there
closer and louder i hear the sounds
body paralyzed but the heart pounds

screaming out but no one hears
silent screams just add to my fear
i can't move as much as i try
deafening - louder - am i to die?

stay calm, relax and lay still
i must be sound asleep i feel
i will the deafening steps to cease
only waking will i find peace

peace alas i fail to find
the din reverberates in my mind
attempted moves only fill my head
with closer louder steps instead

my lungs are heavy legs are lead
is this what it feels like to be dead
my eyes search the foreboding night
what is it that's giving me this fright


the door opens and i glare
i feel the omnipresence right there
time stands still as i implore
cease stop please! no more

release me from this fear and pain
i want a world where i can move again
my eyes open and i see the light
the door opens and lets out the night


what is that spectre that visits me
that comes and goes repeatedly
i read about sleep paralysis
that's my "ghost" was  the analysis



The Nightmare - Henry Fuseli
Oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment